Kathmandu (Nepal), July 24 (ANI): The parliamentary meeting held in Kathmandu on Sunday moved ahead with the endorsement of the Electoral Laws pertaining to the Election of House of Representatives as the deadline to hold the three-tier election approaches. Janak Raj Joshi, Lawmaker from Maoist Centre, applauded the proposal from the Home Ministry for introducing Threshold provision, No vote and the mandatory provision to file candidacy from their own permanent address. He also suggested the ministry to include the provision to recall the candidate after being elected. Answering the queries raised by the lawmakers, the proposer of the bills Home Minister, Nepal Janardan Sharma assured lawmakers over the commencement of the elections on time. The engagement between the agitating disgruntled parties and the ruling alliance is yet to yield an agreement. However, the politicos in Nepal are sure for the participation of the agitating parties. Nepal after nearly two decades has successfully conducted two phases of local polls and is firm on conducting the third phase in September.
- Next story Fire breaks out at Lok Nayak Bhawan, 26 fire tenders reach spot
- Previous story Anushka Sharma Gets Angry On Imitaz Ali
- Wildfire menaces rural, northern California community
- IIFA Awards 2018: Ranbir Kapoor awes audiences with power-packed performance
- Research in consumer behaviour predicts 120 million Indian online shoppers in 2018
- Watch: Rains lash parts of Mumbai city
- Journalist alleges thrashing by former MLA’s bodyguards