Nepal, Oct 18 (ANI): In a cabinet reshuffle, Nepali Prime Minister Sher Bhadur Deuba ousted all Maoist leaders shortly after alliance partner Communist Party of Nepal (Maoist Centre) decided against quitting the government, the latest indication of widening cracks in the ruling coalition. Deuba appointed Chairman Kamal Thapa as Deputy Prime Minister and Energy Minister, Dil Nath Giri as Minister for Urban Development, Jayanta Chand as Minister for Supplies, Bikram Thapa as Minister for Women, Children and Social Welfare. Likewise, four state ministers without portfolio are now assigned to the post of state ministers with Bhaskar Bhadra was appointed State Minister for Energy, Sushil Kumar Shrestha as State Minister for Supplies, Kunti Shahi as State Minister for Urban Development, Kanta Bhattarai has been appointed as State Minister for Women, Children and Social Welfare. All 17 members of Maoist Center were relieved of their portfolios. Strength of Deuba’s cabinet stands at 64. Deuba became the prime minister five months ago as Maoist Center leader Pushpa Kamal Dahal stepped down.
- Next story Exiled Tibetan NGOs protest against Chinese Premier Xi Jinping
- Previous story Denied ambulance, man walks home carrying daughter’s body on shoulder
- Alia Bhatt, Michael Diego Luna and Shakun Batra at Panel Discussion of Narcos Mexico
- Armaan, Amaal Malik and Mika Singh at Launch Dabboo Malik Video Song Tum Pukaar Lo
- Grand Trailer Launch Of ‘Kedarnath’ With Sara Ali and Sushant Singh Rajput
- Pence says ’empire and aggression’ have no place in Indo-Pacific
- ‘Fantastic Beasts’ sequel cast laugh about seeing quirky poster art