Kathmandu (Nepal), Mar 17 (ANI): Nepal’s newly elected Prime Minister KP Sharma Oli has split the ministries and inducted 15 new ministers in Kathmandu on Friday. This move comes after Oli garnered the majority in vote of confidence held in the Parliament. In the latest Cabinet expansion move, six lawmakers from the Communist Party of Nepal- Unified Marxist Leninist (CPN-UML), and five from the Maoist Center were inducted into the cabinet. Barsaman Pun from the Maoist Center has been appointed as Energy, Water Resources and Irrigation Minister followed by Giriraj Mani Pokhrel as Education, Science and Technology Minister; Shakti Basnet as Forest and Environment Minister, Bina Magar as Drinking Water Minister and Chakrapani Khanal as Agriculture, Land Management and Cooperatives Minister. From the Maoist Center’s side, Ram Kumari Chaudhary has been appointed as the State Minister for Agriculture, Land Management and Cooperatives. The oath taking ceremony was held at President’s Residence Sheetal Niwas. President Bidya Devi Bhandari administered the oath of office and secrecy to the newly appointed ministers.
- Next story Toll plaza employee thrashed by BJP MLA
- Previous story Modi government has left no stone unturned in weakening Congress, says Sonia Gandhi
- Budget 2019-20: J&K Governor Satyapal Malik approves massive allocation to public infrastructure
- Da Costa wins Formula E season-opener in Saudi Arabia
- Piyush Goyal, Gujarat CM Vijay Rupani dedicate India’s First Railway University to nation in Vadodara
- National security & defence sector are either punching bag or funding source for Congress: PM Modi
- Ahmed Patel meets RLSP chief Upendra Kushwaha at his residence