New Delhi, Nov 01 (ANI): A rental truck ploughed into eight pedestrians on the streets of Manhattan, injuring 11. Condemning the attack, Prime Minister Narendra Modi took to twitter and shared his condolences with victims’ family members. “Strongly condemn the terror attack in New York City. My thoughts are with the families of the deceased and prayers with those injured,” tweeted the PM. President Ram Nath Kovind also shared his condolences with bereaved families and said that India stands by United States. “Shocked to hear of terrorist attack in New York. Our condolences to bereaved families. India stands by United States #PresidentKovind.” The world is condemning the attack and branded the terror attack to be a ‘cowardly act’. The accident took place when a pickup truck drove at high speed down the bike path that runs alongside the Hudson River. One person has been taken into custody and further investigation is underway.
- New York attack: PM Modi, President Kovind stand by U.S
- Congress releases election manifesto for Himachal polls
- ‘Sulu’ Vidya Balan looks cheerful in new poster
- HP Polls: PM Modi, Amit Shah fear ‘defeat’, says CM Virbhadra Singh
- Priyanka Chopra closely escapes Manhattan Attack, tweets it happened near her New York residence