Seven Kashmiri separatists, including the son-in-law of Hurriyat leader Syed Ali Shah Geelani who were charged with waging war against the nation and funding terrorism, have been produced before the Delhi court. Prosecution lawyer said that the court has heard NIA’s plea regarding the involvement of Altaf Ahmed Shah, Ayaz Akbar, Peer Saifullah, Shahid-ul-Islam, Mehrajuddin Kalwal, Nayeem Khan and Farooq Ahmed Dar in anti-national activities. The houses of those arrested had been raided by NIA sleuths last month. The raids were part of the NIA’s efforts at clamping down on separatist groups allegedly receiving funds for subversive activities in the Valley.
- Next story South Asia Newsline (Program) – July 25, 2017
- Previous story Mumbai building collapse: Death toll rises to 17
- Croatia stages huge celebration for biggest soccer success ever
- Heavy rainfall triggers flood-like situation in several parts of Gujarat
- CM Yogi Adityanath addresses the issue of Encephalitis
- It’s a wrap for PeeCee’s ‘Isn’t it Romantic’
- Opposition parties meet to formulate joint strategy for Monsoon Parliament session