Seven Kashmiri separatists, including the son-in-law of Hurriyat leader Syed Ali Shah Geelani who were charged with waging war against the nation and funding terrorism, have been produced before the Delhi court. Prosecution lawyer said that the court has heard NIA’s plea regarding the involvement of Altaf Ahmed Shah, Ayaz Akbar, Peer Saifullah, Shahid-ul-Islam, Mehrajuddin Kalwal, Nayeem Khan and Farooq Ahmed Dar in anti-national activities. The houses of those arrested had been raided by NIA sleuths last month. The raids were part of the NIA’s efforts at clamping down on separatist groups allegedly receiving funds for subversive activities in the Valley.
- NIA Produces Accused Separatists & Gilani’s Son-In-Law In Court
- Mumbai building collapse: Death toll rises to 17
- Indian Women’s Cricket team arrives in India, accorded grand welcome
- Watch: 1 killed, 3 injured in gas cylinder blast
- Kargil Vijay Diwas: Arun Jaitley, Chiefs of defence forces pay floral tributes at Amar Jawan Jyoti