New Delhi, Mar 20 (ANI): The Congress Party on Tuesday slammed the Centre for delaying the information regarding the 39 Indians, who were killed in Mosul, Iraq. Congress leader Shashi Tharoor said, “This is saddening for every Indian, rest I would ask why this information was delayed by the government, they should tell how it happened, when they died. Also, the way government gave high hopes to the families was not right.” Echoing the same sentiments, Punjab Chief Minister Captain Amarinder Singh said, “We had expected this, it should have been announced earlier, and it was known since much earlier.” Earlier in the day, the Union External Affairs Minister (EAM) Sushma Swaraj confirmed that 39 Indians, who went missing in Mosul in Iraq in the year 2014, have been killed.
- Next story World’s last male northern white rhino dies
- Previous story Confirmed! Sara Ali Khan to star opposite Ranveer Singh in ‘Simmba’
- Right care at right time can save 30 million newborn every year: UNICEF
- Way in which PM Modi misleads the country, his name should be ‘Mr Gumrah’: Congress
- Rafale verdict: Attorney General should be summoned by Parliament, says Sitaram Yechury
- It’s BJP’s duty to work as opposition: Ashok Gehlot
- Congress does not want our armed forces to strengthen: PM Modi