Darjeeling (West Bengal), July 23 (ANI): State and national level sportsmen in Darjeeling have joined the movement demanding separate state of Gorkhaland. Protesting peacefully, the players believe a separate state will be good for their upcoming generations. Sportsmen joining the protest say they are supporting the movement as a non-political forum. The Gorkhaland movement has taken the Queen of hills by storm and the protest is getting violent in several parts of the state. Life in Darjeeling has come to a standstill and the turbulence does not seem to end anytime soon.
- Next story Sunanda Pushkar death case: Will cooperate with authorities, not with people seeking public attention: Shashi Tharoor
- Previous story Kalyugi sons murdered their elderly mother in the greed of property in Uttar Pradesh
- Tripura, Meghalaya, Nagaland to go to polls next month, results on March 3
- AP government inks MoU with NITI Aayog to develop online dashboards for backward districts
- Telangana Home Minister inaugurates Skill Development Centre
- Attack on class-1 student: Parents protest outside school
- Pakistan suffered heavy damage in BSF retaliation firing: Director General BSF