Kandhamal (Odisha), Jan 14 (ANI): Jalandhar Nayak, a man from Odisha’s Kandhamal singlehandedly carved 8-km-long road through mountains to help his children reach school. His hard work has connecting his village Gumsahi to the main road in Phulbani town. The 45-year-old tribal man worked for 8-hours a day for two straight years to achieve success. Interestingly, Nayak and his family are the only residents of the village, others have left Gumsahi long ago owing to lack of proper road and essential facilities. He continues his effort and aims to increase 7 km more to this road in next three years. However, district administration said that Nayak only cleared the pathway and made the road motorable. Subrat Kumar, BDO, Phulbani said that the administration is appealing Manjhi to shift to a habitable area.
- Odisha ‘Mountain Man’ carves road through hills for his children to attend school
- Real life ‘Mowgli’ in Odisha spends his life around animals
- Watch: Mob thrashes man, his brothers for alleged ‘Love Jihad’
- Hong Kong police arrest man over murder of wife, son at Ritz-Carlton
- Eagles hang on to defeat Falcons, Patriots rout Titans in NFL divisional playoffs