Shimla, Himachal Pradesh, June 17, (ANI): The Himachal Pradesh Olympic torch relay started from Shimla today. It will conclude on 22nd June in Hamirpur. The event has been organized by the Himachal Pradesh Olympic Association, in which around 50,000 participants took part. The relay was flagged off by the governor of Himachal Pradesh, Acharya Dev Vrat who handed over the torch to other Indian Olympians from the Ridge Maidan at Shimla. The Indian Olympians carrying out this torch relay would reach Hamirpur on 22nd of June.The games will be organized at three venues in Hamirpur. Around 1,500 players will play 11 different games that will take place over three days. Such an event in Himachal is a great initiative to encourage students to actively participate in sports.
- Next story Rescued children of Sudanese IS members return home
- Previous story Watch: Clash between public, cops over minor girl’s alleged molestation
- Unfortunately, in Indian system we politicians are accountable but regulators are not: Arun Jaitley
- If elections are held every 5 years, India will see comfortable governance: Arun Jaitley
- This public meeting is historic in terms of number of development projects launched: PM Modi
- Oli government reaches out to Madhesis to bring them on board
- Indian businesses must realise habit of ethical business: FM Jaitley