New Delhi, Apr 27 (ANI): In a tragic blow to the Indian film industry, Bollywood icon Vinod Khanna breathed his last on Thursday morning. The ‘Original heartthrob of Hindi films’, Vinod Khanna was hospitalised and later discharged from HN Reliance Foundation and Research Centre in Girgaum, Mumbai due to severe dehydration. He was also reportedly battling cancer for years. In his long Bollywood career, he worked in more than 100 films, and was an active politician, and Member of Parliament from Gurdaspur, Punjab. The actor is survived by wife Kavita Khanna and his four children, Rahul Khanna, Akshaye Khanna, Sakshi Khanna and Shraddha Khanna. Last month, a photo of him with his son and wife went viral during his stay at the hospital. Khanna looked extremely weak and frail in the photo which got many of his fans concerned for his health. However, his sons, Akshaye and Rahul refused to comment on the cancer rumours and had said that their dad’s (Vinod Khanna) condition was stable and he is recovering. The actor featured in films like ‘Mere Apne’, ‘Insaaf and ‘Amar Akbar Anthony’, ‘Wanted’ to name a few. He was last seen in Shah Rukh Khan’s Dilwale in 2015.
- Original heartthrob of Hindi films Vinod Khanna passes away at 70
- My dream was ‘Hawai Jahaz’ for people with ‘Hawai Chappal’: PM Modi
- Rajnath Singh reviews progress of development package for J&K
- Maria Sharapova Returns To Court Post 15 Month Ban With Win
- Klitschko, Joshua put through paces ahead of world title fight