Srinagar (J&K), Oct 11 (ANI): Paddy farmers in Kashmir are a delighted lot as conducive weather conditions have resulted in a healthy crop and a jump in production compared to last year. A large chunk of Kashmir’s population depends on agriculture for its livelihood. Rainfall at timely intervals and high quality seeds given by the state’s agriculture department are the primary reasons behind this year’s good crop. Farmers in Srinagar were busy in harvesting the paddy crop, winnowing grains and packing them up for sale.
- Previous story Elphinstone stampede occurred due to false rumours of bridge collapse: Western Railway
- Paddy farmers in Kashmir exult over high yield
- Elphinstone stampede occurred due to false rumours of bridge collapse: Western Railway
- Dharmendra Pradhan launches IGL smart card for cash-less transactions
- Watch: MNS workers vandalise agriculture office over farmers’ deaths
- ‘Will be a learning experience to head FTII’: Anupam Kher