New Delhi, Aug 11 (ANI): In a shocking move, the government has sacked Pahlaj Nihalani as the chief of Central Board of Film Certification (CBFC), on Friday. His successor will be the famous lyricist Prasoon Joshi. Reportedly, the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting had earlier said that Nihalani had been informed that he might be replaced. Ever since the appointment of Nihalani happened in January 2015, the CBFC’s stance on several films has been questioned. Under the leadership of Nihalani, the CBFC has been repeatedly criticised for indulging in moral policing and functioning as a ‘censor’ board rather than a certification board.
- Next story India committed to develop Nepal: EAM Swaraj
- Previous story Pakistan government is aiding and abetting terrorism: MQM Convener Nadeem Nusrat
- Remembering Sridevi: Life and times of Bollywood’s first lady superstar of India
- “She left this world too early”, says Shivraj Chouhan on Sridevi’s sudden demise
- There’s no other noble profession than being a teacher: ‘Hichki’ actress Rani Mukerji
- Sridevi’s death: Madhur Bhandarkar thought it was a hoax, Anu Kapoor, Adil Hussain shocked by the uneven death
- ‘Dark Day’ for Bollywood: Amar Singh breaks down while remembering Sridevi