New Delhi, Aug 11 (ANI): In a shocking move, the government has sacked Pahlaj Nihalani as the chief of Central Board of Film Certification (CBFC), on Friday. His successor will be the famous lyricist Prasoon Joshi. Reportedly, the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting had earlier said that Nihalani had been informed that he might be replaced. Ever since the appointment of Nihalani happened in January 2015, the CBFC’s stance on several films has been questioned. Under the leadership of Nihalani, the CBFC has been repeatedly criticised for indulging in moral policing and functioning as a ‘censor’ board rather than a certification board.
- Next story India committed to develop Nepal: EAM Swaraj
- Previous story Pakistan government is aiding and abetting terrorism: MQM Convener Nadeem Nusrat
- Thousands pay tribute to Bangladesh crash victims
- Thousands flock to witness vehicle auction of Saudi tycoon
- Traditional artifacts draw craft lovers at exhibition in Imphal
- Ex-European Parliamentarian lambasts Pakistan for sheltering terror groups
- WTO Director General to discuss trade environment during India visit