New Delhi, Aug 11 (ANI): In a shocking move, the government has sacked Pahlaj Nihalani as the chief of Central Board of Film Certification (CBFC), on Friday. His successor will be the famous lyricist Prasoon Joshi. Reportedly, the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting had earlier said that Nihalani had been informed that he might be replaced. Ever since the appointment of Nihalani happened in January 2015, the CBFC’s stance on several films has been questioned. Under the leadership of Nihalani, the CBFC has been repeatedly criticised for indulging in moral policing and functioning as a ‘censor’ board rather than a certification board.
- Pahlaj Nihalani sacked as CBFC chief, Prasoon Joshi to replace him
- Pakistan government is aiding and abetting terrorism: MQM Convener Nadeem Nusrat
- Tunisian beachside town fights industrial pollution
- Russia says bellicose rhetoric on North Korea is ‘over the top’
- 6 dead, 9 injured as bus falls into gorge 4