North 24 Parganas (WB), July 06 (ANI): Section 144 continues to remain imposed in all the affected areas, including Baduria and Basirhat areas of West Bengal’s North 24 Parganas. Border Security Force (BSF) and paramilitary personnel were also deployed in the violence hit areas to avoid any untoward incident. The restrictions were imposed following a violent clash which broke out in state’s North 24 Parganas over a Facebook post, which showed a naked photograph of Prophet Muhammad. As a precautionary measure, the government has suspended Internet services in the area, so that rumours are not spread.
- Next story An army jawan Zahoor Ahmed Thakur absconding with arms from Army camp in Baramulla
- Previous story PM Modi leaves for Haifa to pay homage to Indian soldiers of WW1
- Oscars 2018: After all black at Golden Globes, colour is back on the red carpet
- Week long Yoga programme concludes in District Jail
- PM Modi will deliver his last speech as PM from Red Fort this year, says Derek O’Brien
- Guatemala to move embassy in Israel to Jerusalem in May
- Watch: Uttarandhra Charcha Vedika holds candle protest rally demanding special status for Andhra Pradesh