The nominees for the UEFA European Player of the Year arrive in Monaco for the UEFA Champions League draw.
Player of the year nominees arrive at draw ceremony
SHOWS: MONTE CARLO, MONACO (AUGUST 27, 2015) (REUTERS – ACCESS ALL)
1. ARRIVAL OF LIONEL MESSI
2. MESSI SIGNING AUTOGRAPHS, VARIOUS
3. MESSI ENTERING THE GRIMALDI FORUM, WHERE THE EUROPEAN PLAYER OF THE YEAR AND THE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE DRAW ARE TAKING PLACE
4. ARRIVAL OF CRISTIANO RONALDO, VARIOUS
5. RONALDO SIGNING AUTOGRAPHS, VARIOUS
6. RONALDO ENTERING THE GRIMALDI FORUM
7. ARRIVAL OF LUIS SUAREZ
8. SUAREZ WALKING ALONG THE RED CARPET, VARIOUS
9. ARRIVAL OF THE PRESIDENT OF PARIS SAINT GERMAIN, NASSER AL-KHELAIFI
10. NASSER AL-KHELAIFI POSING FOR PHOTOS
STORY: Lionel Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo and Luis Suarez arrived at the Grimaldi Forum in Monaco on Thursday (August 27), where one of them will be awarded the UEFA European Footballer of the Year.
The prize ceremony talks place as the who’s who of world football meet for the group stage draw of this season’s European Champions League.
Last season’s winner was Cristiano Ronaldo, whose spectacular extra-time penalty put the seal on Real Madrid’s 4-1 Champions League final victory over Atletico Madrid in 2014.
The much anticipated Champions League draw also taking place at the Grimaldi Forum will decide which teams will face off against each other in the group stage of Europe’s top soccer tournament.
Ten play-off winners join the 22 automatic entrants in the draw, where the 32 sides are split into four seeding pots and one from each is drawn into the eight groups.