Bengaluru (Karnataka), Oct 29 (ANI): Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Sunday attacked Congress for taking a u-turn and joining their voices with those demanding ‘independence’ for Kashmir. Without quoting former finance minister and senior Congress leader P. Chidambaram’s name, PM Modi said the grand-old party will have to answer the nation for such statement every minute. Taking people into confidence during his address at the Dashamah Soundarya Lahari Parayanotsava Mahasarmapane, the Prime Minister said that kin of the slain soldiers seek Congress’ response. Cornering Congress on the Kashmir issue, he said that the party uses a language which invokes ‘separatism’ on the land of Kashmir Valley. Yesterday, Chidambaram made headlines after he stated that the government must consider areas to give autonomy to J&K.
- PM Modi attacks Congress for joining their voices with people demanding ‘independence’ for Kashmir
- Watch: Man, his family thrashed, garlanded with shoes by villagers
- Iceland leans toward leftist government
- Mann Ki Baat: India’s role in UN peace-keeping operations is important, says PM Modi
- Children are emerging heroes in creation of ‘New India’: PM Modi