New Delhi, Apr 29 (ANI): Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Saturday attended the ‘Basava Festival’ at the Vigyan Bhavan in the national capital. Today is the birth anniversary of Basavanna, a social reformer of the 12th century. The festival celebrates the unveiling of the translated volumes of vachana, penned down by Basavanna and some other saints. The vachanas have been written in 23 Indian languages. Vachana is a prosaic form of the Kannada literature which propagates values of universal brotherhood. This style of writing was used by Basavanna for spreading social awareness and brought equality in the society in the 12th century.
- Next story Oops! Bengaluru theatre ‘accidentally’ plays second half of ‘Baahubali 2’ first
- Previous story Massive fire breaks out at ABN Andhrajyothi Building
- Unfortunately, in Indian system we politicians are accountable but regulators are not: Arun Jaitley
- If elections are held every 5 years, India will see comfortable governance: Arun Jaitley
- This public meeting is historic in terms of number of development projects launched: PM Modi
- Oli government reaches out to Madhesis to bring them on board
- Indian businesses must realise habit of ethical business: FM Jaitley