off the maiden UDAN flight under the Regional Connectivity Scheme in from Jubbarhatti Airport in Shimla to Delhi. UDAN provides for affordable air travel, which will augur well for Indian aviation industry. The scheme is aimed to provide air traveling for common people and is expected to cater to large number of first-to-fly customers. The Prime Minister also flagged off flights from Kadapa in Andhra Pradesh to Nanded in Maharashtra. Airports Authority of India under the aegis of Ministry of Civil Aviation is the implementing agency for this prestigious initiative of Government of India and is committed to providing air connectivity to currently under-served and un-served airports across the country and UDAN is going to be giant stride towards that direction.
- Next story When ‘pirate’ Johnny Depp went off the Caribbean to Disneyland
- Previous story Brexit shadow over UK bank results
- Stars join forces with activists on BAFTA awards red carpet
- Rep. Gowdy urges to look more at FL shooter than the “instrumentality”
- “The adults have let us down”: Florida students demand stricter gun laws
- Minor girl allegedly raped, killed, police registers case
- South Asia Focus (Weekly Programme) 18 Feb, 2018