Haifa (Israel), July 06 (ANI): Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Thursday paid tribute at the cemetery for Indian soldiers of World War 1, who laid down their lives during the liberation of Haifa in 1918. Israeli counterpart Benjamin Netanyahu also laid wreath at the cemetery. After paying their respects, PM Modi and PM Netanyahu unveiled a plaque commemorating World War 1 hero Major Dalpat Singh. Haifa Indian Cemetery is the final resting place for 44 Indian soldiers who sacrificed their lives during World War I to liberate the city.
- Next story Watch: PM Modi shares some light moments with Israeli counterpart at Dor beach
- Previous story Traders urge Vasundhara Raje to lower GST percentage on marbles
- ‘The New Delhi Night Walk’: Thousands participate for women safety
- Oscars 2018: ‘Dunkirk’ wins award for Sound Editing and Sound Mixing
- Nidahas Trophy 2018: Men in blue arrive in Sri Lanka
- Oscars 2018: After all black at Golden Globes, colour is back on the red carpet
- Week long Yoga programme concludes in District Jail