Haifa (Israel), July 06 (ANI): Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Thursday paid tribute at the cemetery for Indian soldiers of World War 1, who laid down their lives during the liberation of Haifa in 1918. Israeli counterpart Benjamin Netanyahu also laid wreath at the cemetery. After paying their respects, PM Modi and PM Netanyahu unveiled a plaque commemorating World War 1 hero Major Dalpat Singh. Haifa Indian Cemetery is the final resting place for 44 Indian soldiers who sacrificed their lives during World War I to liberate the city.
- PM Modi pays tribute at cemetery for Indian soldiers of WWI
- Traders urge Vasundhara Raje to lower GST percentage on marbles
- 2016 batch IPS probationers meet Rajasthan CM
- Watch: PM Modi given demonstration of mobile water filtration plant at Dor beach
- Flood situation remains grim as Brahmaputra continues to flow above danger mark