Lucknow (U.P.), Oct 24 (ANI): Violent clashes erupted between Anganwadi workers and police outside Vidhan Sabha in Lucknow on Tuesday afternoon. The workers have been demanding minimum salary of Rs 18000 and government employee status. Police had to resort to lathicharge to disperse the crowd. Many protestors were injured when police cane-charged hundreds of Anganwadi workers holding up traffic to press for their demands. The protesting Anganwadi workers squatted on the road and raised anti-government and anti-BJP slogans.
- Police baton charge Anganwadi workers, several injured
- AP Government distributes free mosquito nets to poor, underprivileged
- Students forced to study on road after owner demolishes building without prior information
- Response to terrorism still ‘country focused’: Afghan President Ashraf Ghani
- Centre announces Public Sector Bank capitalisation plan for Rs. 2,11,000 crore