Lucknow (U.P.), Oct 24 (ANI): Violent clashes erupted between Anganwadi workers and police outside Vidhan Sabha in Lucknow on Tuesday afternoon. The workers have been demanding minimum salary of Rs 18000 and government employee status. Police had to resort to lathicharge to disperse the crowd. Many protestors were injured when police cane-charged hundreds of Anganwadi workers holding up traffic to press for their demands. The protesting Anganwadi workers squatted on the road and raised anti-government and anti-BJP slogans.
- Next story Zuma to S. Africa court: Reject call for corruption probe
- Previous story AP Government distributes free mosquito nets to poor, underprivileged
- China’s new economic team faces debt & trade issues
- ‘Beating’ human heart cells help spur drug discovery
- Russian denials of British attack “increasingly absurd,” Johnson says
- At over $9,000 a piece, rare Portuguese chocolate a pricey treat
- AAP rebel leader Kapil Mishra spoke on Kejriwal apologized to Gadkari and Sibal