New Delhi/Bhopal/Raipur/Patna/Jammu/Tirupati, Aug 15 (ANI): While citizens across the nation remain drenched in the spirit of ‘Independence Day’, the political leaders too, were seen celebrating the occasion. Many of them unfurled the tricolour and sang the national anthem to mark the occasion. Veteran BJP leader L.K. Advani unfurled the flag at his residence in the national capital and presented sweets to the security personnel. Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh, Congress President Sonia Gandhi, Chhattisgarh Chief Minister Raman Singh, Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar, Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister Chandrababu Naidu and Jammu and Kashmir (Jammu and Kashmir) Deputy Chief Minister Nirmal Singh also unfurled the tricolours. BJP President Amit Shah and Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan also participated in separate programmes marking the occasion. The nation has turned 70 today ever since British rulers declared the Indian subcontinent free in 1947.
- Political leaders unfurl tricolours as ‘free’ India turns 70 today
- This Independence Day, here’s what B-Town has to say!
- ‘Free’ India turns 70: BSF soldiers present sweets to Pakistani rangers on I-Day
- Groping case: Jury rules in favour of Taylor Swift
- Wall Street surges, recovers from last week’s sell-off