Kathmandu (Nepal), Oct 16 (ANI): The political parties of Nepal contesting for the upcoming polls for parliament and the province have filed the closed list of proportional representation to the Election Commission on Sunday. Willing to contest the upcoming elections; altogether 88 parties have applied to the EC. According to the EC, the election law has a provision to field 110 candidates for parliamentary elections while 220 seats are fixed for provincial assembly election under the PR category. EC have set time, from 10 AM to 5 PM, to file candidacy. As per the schedule released by Election Commission, 32 districts out of 75 will go for polls in the first phase of election followed by a second in duration of 20 days covering 45 districts on 26 November and 7 December respectively. The final number of parties registering for the PR electoral system is expected to be released by Monday evening.
- Next story Tons of underwater waste picked up by divers in Lebanon
- Previous story Watch: Brawl between security guards, AIMIM members
- Watch: Pandal catches fire during fireworks celebration of Dussehra in Kanpur
- Saudis confirm death of Khashoggi
- Amritsar tragedy: People couldn’t hear sound of approaching train due to bursting crackers, says MoS Railways Sinha
- Watch: Train runs over people celebrating Dussehra in Choura Bazar near Amritsar
- Amritsar tragedy: Navjot Singh Sidhu’s wife runs away from spot instead of helping people: Bikram Majithia