New Delhi, July 01 (ANI): Condemning the recent string of brutal lynching incidents emerging from across the nation, President Pranab Mukherjee on Saturday called on the country to pause and reflect if they are being proactive enough to save India’s basic system of belief. He said with the change of history they can see colonialism now as dominance, exploitation by one power to another power. “When we see on the TV and read the newspapers that an individual has been lynched, and when the mob frenzy becomes so high and uncontrollable then we have to pause and reflect.” He added, “I am not talking of vigilantism, I am talking of are we vigilant enough proactively to save the basic tenets of our country?” he questioned.
- President Mukherjee condemns mob lynching, calls for `vigilance against vigilantism`
- Kvitova sees life from a ‘different angle’ after 2016 knife attack
- Tanak leads Rally of Poland as Ogier suffers set back
- Karan Johar And Mira Rajput Turn MASTERCHEF, Cook Food LIVE
- Katy Perry Unbelievable Reaction To Fans Outside Airport