Murshidabad (West Bengal), July 15 (ANI): President Pranab Mukherjee along with Minister of State (Independent Charge) Petroleum & Natural Gas Dharmendra Pradhan distributed over 2.5 crore Liquefied Petroleum Gas (LPG) connections under Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojna (PMUY) at an event marking completion of 50% of the target of 5 crore connections in three years in West Bengal’s Jangipur on Saturday. The scheme was initiated under flagship of Narendra Modi-led government with the objective to provide ‘clean fuel better life’ to all women belonging to Below Poverty Line (BPL) and to make the rural households smoke free. Time to time Prime Minister Narendra Modi has pushed this scheme in almost every event to the masses for the betterment of the household women.
- President Mukherjee distributes LPG connections under ‘PM Ujjwala Yojana’
- Darjeeling unrest: Women take to streets demanding separate ‘Gorkhaland’
- Explosives in UP Assembly: Fire department conducts mock drill
- Muslims concerned over cattle slaughter restrictions: Syed Ahmed Bhukari
- Manipur weavers promote rich legacy of Tangkhul Naga community