New Delhi, Feb 20 (ANI): Actor Priya Prakash Varrier on Monday filed a plea in the Supreme Court over the case registered against her film ‘Oru Adaar Love’ in Telangana. A group of youth had filed a complaint at the Falaknuma Police Station against the actress and the makers of the song, for allegedly hurting their sentiments. They had claimed that the song ‘Manikya Malaraya Poovi’, when translated into English, insults the Prophet. According to reports a case was registered last week for “deliberate and malicious acts intended to outrage religious feelings of any class by insulting its religion or religious beliefs”. The person claimed that the song makes an “objectionable” reference to Prophet Muhammad’s wife. Another complaint demanded that either the song be removed from the film or the lyrics be changed. The first song of Malayalam movie ‘Oru Adaar Love’ became viral on the social media within few hours of its release because of Varrier’s smile and wink. Since then, the 18-year-old has become the talk of the town.
- Priya Varrier moves SC over case registered against ‘Oru Adaar Love’
- Railway Minister Piyush Goyal interacts with passengers in Kaveri Express
- Accused Florida school shooter appears in court
- Students stage die-in at White House to protest against gun violence
- Bayern expect strong Besiktas in Champions League