Gilgit, July 30 (ANI): In the recent protests against China Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC) in Gilgit-Baltistan, hundreds of demonstrators gathered on the streets of Gilgit. They are protesting against the project as they fear it will create a huge ecological imbalance. Large number of people in the region have been displaced as their houses have been demolished and they are claiming that the government has not compensated them for their lands as had been promised. The people are also protesting as they claim that the multi-billion dollar project will hardly benefit them and it is a deliberate attempt to change the demography of the region.
- Next story Srinagar runs for ‘peace’
- Previous story Encounter underway in Tahab, 2 terrorists killed
- South Africa’s black punks rock Soweto
- Sen. Duckworth slams Trump calling him “five-deferment draft dodger”
- Turkey presses on with ‘Operation Olive Branch’
- Karni Sena workers distribute letter to theatre owners against film ‘Padmaavat’
- Bawana Fire: In all probability fire goes to be electrical origin, says DFS Director