Gilgit, July 30 (ANI): In the recent protests against China Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC) in Gilgit-Baltistan, hundreds of demonstrators gathered on the streets of Gilgit. They are protesting against the project as they fear it will create a huge ecological imbalance. Large number of people in the region have been displaced as their houses have been demolished and they are claiming that the government has not compensated them for their lands as had been promised. The people are also protesting as they claim that the multi-billion dollar project will hardly benefit them and it is a deliberate attempt to change the demography of the region.
- Protest erupts in Gilgit-Baltistan over CPEC
- Encounter underway in Tahab, 2 terrorists killed
- Schoolchildren risk lives by crossing river on foot
- “I will not hesitate to chant Jai Shri Ram for people of Bihar”: Khurshid Alam on ‘fatwa’ against him
- 1 dead, one injured after BMW crashes into mini carriage van