A few dozen of people gather outside court where the trial is beginning of two dozen workers who were arrested after they protested poor working conditions while building Istanbul’s giant new airport. Members of trade unions and relatives of the workers are demanding their release.
- Protesters demand the release of jailed Istanbul airport workers
- Sri Lanka’s ousted PM says time running out to avert ‘bloodbath’
- Race to stop Norway frigate sinking after oil tanker collision
- World leaders attend Kofi Annan’s state funeral in Ghana
- China’s youth embrace street dance amid hip-hop crackdown