New Delhi, Oct 26 (ANI): Researchers have recently found that proton beam therapy is a type of particle therapy that uses a beam of protons to irradiate a diseased tissue and in combination with chemotherapy may be effective for treating esophageal cancer in elderly patients. According to study, proton beam therapy can help improve outcomes in patients aged 65 years and above, to undergo aggressive treatment for their esophageal cancer. Standard X-ray radiation therapy techniques include 3-D conformal radiation and intensity-modulated radiation therapy. Researcher Scott Lester at Mayo Clinic said that elderly patients experience more post-treatment heart and lung problems and are at higher risk for death after surgery than younger patients after receiving a combination of pre-operative chemotherapy and radiation therapy.
- Next story I Will Try For Another Medal On Thursday- Jitu Rai
- Previous story Amitabh Bachchan gets notice from BMC
- China’s new economic team faces debt & trade issues
- ‘Beating’ human heart cells help spur drug discovery
- Russian denials of British attack “increasingly absurd,” Johnson says
- At over $9,000 a piece, rare Portuguese chocolate a pricey treat
- AAP rebel leader Kapil Mishra spoke on Kejriwal apologized to Gadkari and Sibal