PSV beat De Graafschap 4-2
PSV Eindhoven go top of the Dutch league – overnight at least – with a 4-2 home win over bottom-of-the-table De Graafschap and two brothers play significant parts.
PSV beat De Graafschap 4-2
SHOWS: EINDHOVEN, NETHERLANDS (JANUARY 30, 2016) (IMG – SEE RESTRICTIONS)
PSV EINDHOVEN (RED) V DE GRAAFSCHAP (BLUE)
1. TEAMS OUT
2. GOAL! 17TH MINUTE: PSV CAPTAIN AND FORWARD LUUK DE JONG SHOOTS, DE GRAAFSCHAP GOALKEEPER HIDDE JURJUS (1) BLOCKS, BUT DE JONG SCORES FROM THE REBOUND 1-0
4. SLOW-MOTION REPLAY FROM DIFFERENT ANGLE SHOWS DE JONG WAS ONSIDE WHEN RECEIVED BALL
5. GOAL! 31ST MINUTE: PSV FORWARD JUERGEN LOCADIA (19) SETS UP MIDFIELDER DAVY PROPPER (6) WHO HITS NEAT SHOT LOW INTO CORNER 2-0
7. SLOW-MOTION REPLAY
8. PENALTY! 37TH MINUTE: DAVY PROPPER’S YOUNGER BROTHER, DE GRAAFSCHAP DEFENDER ROBIN (3), BRINGS DOWN DE JONG
9. SLOW-MOTION REPLAY
10. SAVE! 37TH MINUTE: JURJUS SAVES LOCADIA’S PENALTY
12. SLOW-MOTION REPLAY OF SAVE
13. GOAL! 44TH MINUTE: PSV’S LUCIANO NARSINGH GETS HIS 4TH GOAL IN AS MANY GAMES 3-0
15. SLOW-MOTION REPLAY
16. GOAL! 68TH MINUTE: DE GRAAFSCHAP CAPTAIN AND DEFENDER TED VAN DE PAVERT (4) RUNS ONTO NEAT PASS BY ENGLISH MIDFIELDER ANDREW DRIVER (15) AND SCORES 3-1
18. GOAL! 80TH MINUTE: DE GRAAFSCHAP DEFENDER BART STRAALMAN (12) HITS LONG RANGE SHOT WHICH IS DEFLECTED INTO NET 3-2
20. GOAL! 85TH MINUTE: PSV’S URUGUAYAN SUBSTITUTE FORWARD GASTON PEREIRO (7) ROUNDS A DEFENDER AND THE ‘KEEPER TO SCORE 4-2
21. BROTHERS DAVY PROPPER OF PSV AND DE GRAAFSCHAP’S ROBIN PROPPER AFTER MATCH
STORY: PSV Eindhoven beat visitors De Graafschap 4-2 on Saturday (January 30) and leapfrogged Ajax at the top of the Dutch league, but the Amsterdam side can lead again when they play on Sunday.
The home side made most of the running on Saturday and scored in the 17th minute when captain and forward Luuk de Jong scored at the second attempt.
PSV forward Juergen Locadia then set up midfielder Davy Propper for a neat shot low into the corner in the 31st minute.
Six minutes later Propper’s younger brother Robin, a De Graafschap defender, brought down De Jong for a penalty, but goalkeeper Hidde Jurjus dived to save the shot.
PSV scored again just before half-time, however, when Luciano Narsingh got his fourth goal in as many games.
De Graafschap eventually pulled one back in the 68th minute when captain and defender Ted van de Pavert ran onto a neat pass by English midfielder Andrew Driver and scored over the ‘keeper.
The visitors then set up an exciting last 10 minutes when defender Bart Straalman’s long range shot was deflected into the net in the 80th minute.
But five minutes later it was PSV who scored again, through Uruguayan substitute forward Gaston Pereiro.
PSV top the Eredivisie with 50 points from 21 games, to Ajax’s 48 from 20.
De Graafschap remain bottom of the league with 11 points.
Ajax are away at 13th-placed Roda on Sunday.