PSV beat Excelsior 3-1
A 3-1 away win over lowly Excelsior puts PSV Eindhoven within one point of Dutch league leaders Ajax.
PSV beat Excelsior 3-1
SHOWS: ROTTERDAM, NETHERLANDS (JANUARY 27, 2016) (IMG – SEE RESTRICTIONS)
EXCELSIOR (BLACK) V PSV EINDHOVEN (RED/WHITE)
1. TEAMS OUT
2. VARIOUS OF FANS
3. GOAL! 8TH MINUTE: PSV’S MEXICAN MIDFIELDER JOSE GUARDADO TAKES CORNER THEN CROSSES FROM EXCELSIOR’S HEADED CLEARANCE AND PSV CAPTAIN AND FORWARD LUUK DE JONG (9) HEADS HIS 15TH GOAL IN 19 MATCHES 0-1
5. SLOW-MOTION REPLAY OF GOAL FROM DIFFERENT ANGLE
6. SAVE! 10TH MINUTE: PSV FORWARD LUCIANO NARSINGH (11) SETS UP MIDFIELDER DAVY PROEPPER (6) FOR A SHOT THAT IS BLOCKED BY EXCELSIOR’S POLISH GOALKEEPER FILIP KURTO (1) AND GUARDADO HEADS REBOUND ACROSS GOALMOUTH
8. SLOW-MOTION REPLAY OF SHOT, SAVE AND HEADER
9. GOAL! 48TH MINUTE: PSV MIDFIELDER JORRIT HENDRIX (29) STEALS BALL THEN FROM DEFLECTED HIGH BALL HITS GREAT HALF VOLLEY 0-2
11. SLOW-MOTION REPLAY OF GOAL FROM DIFFERENT ANGLE
12. GOAL! 59TH MINUTE: PSV’S NARSINGH RUNS AROUND A DEFENDER AND CHIPS OVER ‘KEEPER FROM TIGHT ANGLE 0-3
14. SLOW-MOTION REPLAY OF GOAL FROM DIFFERENT ANGLE
15. GOAL! 90TH MINUTE: EXCELSIOR CROSS AND DEFENDER JEFFREY BRUMA DOESN’T REALISE HE HAS SCORED IN HIS OWN NET 1-3
16. SLOW-MOTION REPLAY
17. REFEREE BLOWS FOR END OF MATCH
18. PLAYERS AFTER MATCH
STORY: Three away goals took PSV Eindhoven to just a point off Eredivisie leaders Ajax on Wednesday (January 27).
PSV’s 3-1 win over Excelsior of Rotterdam put them on 47 points from 20 matches and a goal difference of 29 to Ajax’s 36.
Mexican midfielder Jose Guardado set up the first goal when he took a corner then crossed from Excelsior’s headed clearance for his captain Luuk de Jong to head home in the 8th minute – the forward’s 15th goal in 19 matches.
Two minutes later midfielder Davy Proepper came close with a shot set up by forward Luciano Narsingh, but Excelsior’s Polish goalkeeper Filip Kurto blocked the kick and Guardado could only head the rebound across the goalmouth.
The second goal came three minutes into the second half at the Stadion Woudestein – the Eredivisie’s smallest with a capacity of less than 4,000. PSV midfielder Jorrit Hendrix stole the ball then, from a deflected high clearance, hit a great half volley.
Eleven minutes later Narsingh made it 3-0 when he ran around a defender and chipped over the ‘keeper from a tight angle.
Excelsior, who remain 15th in the league with 17 points, had PSV defender Jeffrey Bruma to thank for deflecting a cross into his own net, not that he knew anything about it.