Agartala (Tripura), Oct 29 (ANI): Union Minister of State for Railways, Rajen Gohain on Saturday flagged off Agartala – New Delhi Rajdhani Express thereby making Agartala Railway Station third North eastern Capital city to be connected to National Capital. The Minister said that since the new government took charge at the Centre three years ago, the northeastern region has been given special attention and at present a number of railway construction works are simultaneously being undertaken in the entire Northeast. The Minister assured that there is no dearth of fund for the railway projects for Northeastern region and the work should not be hampered due to fund and hopefully by 2019 all state capitals of the region shall be connected by BG rail line. Gohain said among all the north-eastern states, Tripura got best of rail connectivity under the current government. He also said that he had intervened personally to provide the shortest possible route for the new Rajdhani Express so that the people of the state get faster connectivity with the national capital. Governor of Tripura, Tathagata Roy said that it was the outlook of the government that plays important role in bringing in development to a region.
- Next story Watch: Massive fire breaks out in nylon godown
- Previous story Bad cell network, protestors’ burn handsets
- Airbus and Boeing announce more than $10 billion worth of deals at the Farnborough Airshow, despite Brexit fears.
- ‘Batti Gul Meter Chalu’ To Release On September 14
- Diljit Dosanjh To Get A Wax Statue At Madame Tussauds Delhi
- Taapsee Pannu Holds A Special Screening Of ‘Soorma’ In Glasgow
- Trump predicts ‘extraordinary relationship’ with Russia