New Delhi, Aug 20 (ANI): The nation on Sunday remembered former Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi on his birth anniversary. The entire Gandhi family, including Congress President Sonia Gandhi, Vice-President Rahul Gandhi and Priyanka Vadra paid tribute to former Prime Minister at Veer Bhoomi in New Delhi. Former President Pranab Mukherjee and other leaders, including former Prime Minister Manmohan Singh paid floral tribute to him at the Samadhi. Rajiv Gandhi, who heralded the information and communication technology revolution in the country, was born on August 20, 1944 and served as Prime Minister from 1984 to 1989. He was assassinated on May 21, 1991 in Tamil Nadu’s Sriperumbudur.
- Rajiv Gandhi’s birth anniversary: Sonia, Rahul, other leaders pay tribute to former PM
- South Asia Focus (Weekly Programme) – Aug 20, 2017
- My India (Weekly programme) Aug 19, 2017
- Caught on ‘Samay’ Camera, Work is going on war level at Utkal Express accident site
- Death toll rises to 23 in massive India train collision