New Delhi, Aug 20 (ANI): The nation on Sunday remembered former Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi on his birth anniversary. The entire Gandhi family, including Congress President Sonia Gandhi, Vice-President Rahul Gandhi and Priyanka Vadra paid tribute to former Prime Minister at Veer Bhoomi in New Delhi. Former President Pranab Mukherjee and other leaders, including former Prime Minister Manmohan Singh paid floral tribute to him at the Samadhi. Rajiv Gandhi, who heralded the information and communication technology revolution in the country, was born on August 20, 1944 and served as Prime Minister from 1984 to 1989. He was assassinated on May 21, 1991 in Tamil Nadu’s Sriperumbudur.
- Next story Group of 45 people is safe who was going Gwalior to Haridwar for Ganga bath
- Previous story South Asia Focus (Weekly Programme) – Aug 20, 2017
- Delhi Govt Offers Rs 1.25 Lakh/Month Pay For Fellowship Scheme
- Bjp Lodges Complaint Against Congress Chief For Fake Tweet
- Aamna Sharif Workout Session On Her GYM
- Aishwarya Rai At Women Cancer Initiative Annual Fundraising Soul Stirrings 2018
- Shahrukh Khan, Kajol, Rani Mukherjee Others At Celebrate 20 Years Of Kuch Kuch Hota Hai