New Delhi, July 25 (ANI): The dais has been set for the oath-taking ceremony of Presidential-elect Ramnath Kovind. From being born in a Dalit family on October 1, 1945, in Paraunkh of Uttar Pradesh’s Kanpur, till winning the race towards Raisina, the journey has not been easy for President-elect Kovind. His father Maiku Lal was a farmer and mother Kalawati a housewife. He got married to Savita in 1974, and has a son Prashant Kumar and a daughter Swati. NDA-led Centre’s nominee Ramnath Kovind was declared the 14th President after garnering 2,930 votes with a value of 7,02,044 votes, out of a total of 10,69,358. Let us now take a quick glimpse of 14th President-elect’s voyage: Kovind will be administered oath by Chief Justice JS Khehar in the Central Hall of Parliament today.
- Ramnath Kovind: Journey of lawyer to 1st citizen of India
- Gang of 5 Nigerians, one Indian woman held in drug, human trafficking
- No deal on Russia sanctions bill yet, says key U.S. senator
- Boris Johnson plays down Conservative rift in New Zealand
- Suicide blast kills at least 25 people in Lahore, Pakistan