Bengaluru (Karnataka), July 23 (ANI): Bengaluru residents on Sunday morning staged a silent protest in a bid to demonstrate their anguish against the proposed construction of a steel flyover in the city. The city dwellers, including both youngsters and adults, gathered at the Shivananda Circle, carrying several placards which read slogans of environmental protection and conservation. The multi-crore steel bridge proposed to be built at the busy intersection is aimed to connect the traffic from Race Course Road to Hare Krishna Road and a railway underpass in Sheshadripuram. The city dwellers believe that the project will not reduce congestion, but will lead to gridlocks.
- Next story Kerala Police arrested Congress MLA M Vincent in rape case
- Previous story Vocational training gives young women wings to fly
- BSP decided to contest upcoming polls in alliance with Janta Congress Chhattisgarh: Mayawati
- PM Modi lays foundation stone of India International Convention and Expo Centre
- Kerala nun rape case: Vatican relieves Franco Mulakkal from diocese duties, protests continue
- BSF jawan killing is an extreme form of barbaric act: MEA
- Equitable thinking & development key to state’s prosperity: CM Raje