Bengaluru (Karnataka), July 23 (ANI): Bengaluru residents on Sunday morning staged a silent protest in a bid to demonstrate their anguish against the proposed construction of a steel flyover in the city. The city dwellers, including both youngsters and adults, gathered at the Shivananda Circle, carrying several placards which read slogans of environmental protection and conservation. The multi-crore steel bridge proposed to be built at the busy intersection is aimed to connect the traffic from Race Course Road to Hare Krishna Road and a railway underpass in Sheshadripuram. The city dwellers believe that the project will not reduce congestion, but will lead to gridlocks.
- Residents stage protest against construction of steel flyover
- Vocational training gives young women wings to fly
- Durga Vahini trained with arms in a program organized by VHP in Assam
- Women’s World Cup 2017: Wishes pour in ahead of India-England big clash
- Jared Leto pens heartfelt letter to his friend Chester Bennington