Bengaluru (Karnataka), July 23 (ANI): Bengaluru residents on Sunday morning staged a silent protest in a bid to demonstrate their anguish against the proposed construction of a steel flyover in the city. The city dwellers, including both youngsters and adults, gathered at the Shivananda Circle, carrying several placards which read slogans of environmental protection and conservation. The multi-crore steel bridge proposed to be built at the busy intersection is aimed to connect the traffic from Race Course Road to Hare Krishna Road and a railway underpass in Sheshadripuram. The city dwellers believe that the project will not reduce congestion, but will lead to gridlocks.
- Next story Kerala Police arrested Congress MLA M Vincent in rape case
- Previous story Vocational training gives young women wings to fly
- Marc Cain brings some 80s dazzle to Berlin Fashion Week
- Over 500 birds injured by glass-coated Manjha
- England head coach Jones extends contract until 2021
- Irish PM warns of hypocrisy in corporate tax debate
- No doubt about terrorists seeking sanctuaries on Pakistani soil: Former CIA Director Petraeus