Guca (Serbia), Aug 14 (ANI): The 57th Guca Brass Band Festival in Serbia’s liveliest traditional music event has witnessed thousands of people crowding the streets and savouring the trumpet beat. Passages, tents, stalls and restaurants in the town were overwhelmed by trumpets blaring from all sides and permeated by the smell of lamb and pork on the spit, cabbage in clay pots and plum brandy fumes. Guca, a normally sleepy town with only 3,700 people in the rolling hills of southwestern Serbia, is hosting the country’s biggest party, with 50 brass bands competing for the coveted Golden Trumpet.
- Next story News week South Asia (Weekly Programme) – Aug 14, 2017
- Previous story Thousands sea turtles lay eggs on protected Mexican beach
- Watch: Arjun Kapoor arrives at Anil Kapoor’s residence, pays condolences on his stepmother Sridevi’s demise
- Minister Piyush Goyal lauds Railway Women’s Organisation for initiating biodegradable sanitary pads
- Black Panther stands proud at box office
- Billionaire businessman Berlusconi back as kingmaker
- Italy’s Berlusconi regales fans a week ahead of vote