Gandhinagar (Gujarat), July 28 (ANI): Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) National President Amit Shah, Union Textiles Minister Smriti Irani and saffron party leader Balwantsinh Rajput filed their nomination papers for the Rajya Sabha (RS) elections, on Friday morning in Gandhinagar. Irani, who currently hold the additional charge of Information and Broadcasting (I and B) Ministry, was renominated on her seat from Gujarat. Rajput, along with two other leaders, joined BJP after quitting Congress on Thursday. Gujarat Chief Minister Vijay Rupani and senior leader Anandiben Patel were also in attendance during the nomination procedure. The coastal state will witness polls for three seats in the Upper House on August 8.
- RS elections: Amit Shah, Smriti Irani, Balwantsinh Rajput file nomination papers
- Malaysian court sets trial date for duo accused of murdering Kim Jong Nam
- I Will Probably Get The Best Out Of Me In The Next 2-3 Years-Mithali
- Shikshamitra protested against the judgment of Supreme Court in UP
- Police exposed a sex racket under the guise of massage in Gurujram