Gandhinagar (Gujarat), July 28 (ANI): Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) National President Amit Shah, Union Textiles Minister Smriti Irani and saffron party leader Balwantsinh Rajput filed their nomination papers for the Rajya Sabha (RS) elections, on Friday morning in Gandhinagar. Irani, who currently hold the additional charge of Information and Broadcasting (I and B) Ministry, was renominated on her seat from Gujarat. Rajput, along with two other leaders, joined BJP after quitting Congress on Thursday. Gujarat Chief Minister Vijay Rupani and senior leader Anandiben Patel were also in attendance during the nomination procedure. The coastal state will witness polls for three seats in the Upper House on August 8.
- Next story Bihar power tussle: RJD protests ahead of floor test
- Previous story Malaysian court sets trial date for duo accused of murdering Kim Jong Nam
- Tripura, Meghalaya, Nagaland to go to polls next month, results on March 3
- AP government inks MoU with NITI Aayog to develop online dashboards for backward districts
- Telangana Home Minister inaugurates Skill Development Centre
- Attack on class-1 student: Parents protest outside school
- Pakistan suffered heavy damage in BSF retaliation firing: Director General BSF