New Delhi, Apr 28 (ANI): Ace shuttler Saina Nehwal and H.S. Prannoy entered the semifinals of the women’s and men’s singles competition at the 2018 Asia Badminton Championship on Friday. Nehwal continued her top form as she beat unseeded Korean Lee Jang Mi, 21-15, 21-13, in a 43-minute clash. She will now face World No. 1 Tai Tzu Ying of Chinese Taipei. The two-time gold medallist of the recently concluded Gold Coast Commonwealth Games fought back valiantly from 3-8 and 9-13 deficits respectively, to take a lead 14-13, before finishing the first set in style. Prannoy, who missed out on a medal at the recently concluded Gold Coast Commonwealth Games eked out a hard-fought victory over second-seeded Korean Son Wan Ho, 18-21, 23-21, 21-12. He will now face Olympic champion and third seed Chen Long of China.
- Saina Nehwal, Prannoy ease to semis in Asia Badminton Championship
- Western diets: Blessings in disguise!
- Watch: Camel born on same day as royal baby named Prince Louis
- Kushinagar Bus-Train Accident: School students paid tribute to 13 children who lost their lives
- Watch: Naughty orangutan pokes her aunt with sticks