New Delhi, Aug 11 (ANI): Seems like Salman Khan is a man of words, yes you heard that right. Salman, whose recently released film as ‘Tubelight’ was declared flop at the box-office, promised the distributors to pay the losses and it seems like he is all set to keep his promise. Trade analyst Komal Nahta confirmed on Twitter that the ‘Bajrangi Bhaijaan’ star will refund approx Rs 35 crore today to distributors and exhibitors as compensation for losses suffered in ‘Tubelight’. This is half of the total losses suffered by distributors over the film. The movie opened on a decent note considering the pre-Eid factor. It opened with Rs. 21.15 crore and gave some hopes to grow over the weekend. But the movie only managed to gross Rs. 64.77 crores in its first weekend. According to reports, Salman had promised to return his distributor’s money by the end of July, but he got busy with 2017 IIFA Awards.
- Salman Khan to return Rs. 35 crore to distributors for losses from ‘Tubelight’
- Students make people aware about ill effects of drugs, liquor
- PM Modi welcomes VP Naidu in Rajya Sabha, says farmer’s son in high post proof of ‘matured democracy’
- Ayodhya dispute: SC to hear appeals from December 5
- Lalu Yadav attacks Sushil Modi over Bhagalpur scam, demands CBI probe