UP-Uttarakhand border, July 30 (ANI): The Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB) on Saturday inaugurated rescue and relief team demonstration in the Sharda Sagar Dame on the Uttar Pradesh-Uttarakhand border. Amid the ongoing flood fury in various states, SSB has formed as many as 18 such teams to rescue people from flood and disaster. Inspector General of SSB, Delhi, Aditya Mishra said the teams will not be limited to mere demonstration and soon modern techniques will be provided to ease the rescue operations. The Director General of the Armed Forces Battalion inaugurated flood relief and rescue team. The closing ceremony will be held in Guwahati in the presence of Union Minister Kiren Rijiju, Assam Chief Minister Sarbananda Sonowal and other prominent leaders.
- Previous story “Indian Women’s Cricket team lost match but won 125 crore hearts”: PM Mood on ‘Mann ki Baat’
- Sashastra Seema Bal sets up rescue, relief team
- “Indian Women’s Cricket team lost match but won 125 crore hearts”: PM Mood on ‘Mann ki Baat’
- PM Modi urges people to celebrate Independence Day as a ‘Sankalp Diwas’
- Slain terrorists belonged to ‘Hizb-ul-Mujahideen’: Kashmir DGP on Pulwama encounter
- Irked by government’s negligence, senior citizens cover pothole to avoid accidents