Kolkata (West Bengal), Oct 18 (ANI): Students of Kolkata-based Satyajit Ray Film and Television Institute (SRFTI) gheraoed college Director D. Mitra, against rustication of 14 female students. The campus authorities rusticated 14 female students for refusing to vacate rooms in hostels meant for male students. The authorities have also lodged police complaint against ten male students, besides throwing them out from the hostel, for forcefully occupying rooms in hostel meant for female students. The protesting students also raised other issues such as hike in fees, availability of faculty and allocation of budget for projects. The college administration, however, said that the governing council announced decision of hostel segregation in 2009. Earlier, agitating students locked the administrative building to protest the expulsion.
- Next story Denied ambulance, man walks home carrying daughter’s body on shoulder
- Previous story Andhra Rural Development Minister pitches for clean Vijayawada
- Trump says he holds Putin reponsible for alleged election meddling
- British diver involved in spat with Tesla’s Musk departs Thailand for London
- Kangana Ranaut SPOTTED At Kairos Studio
- Gaurav Chopra Unveil Fifty Degree Latest T Shirt Collection
- Exclusive Interview of Pooja Kumar For Thje Film Vishwaroopam 2