New Delhi, Aug 24 (ANI): Union Finance Minister, Arun Jaitley, on Thursday said that the Supreme Court verdict wouldn’t impact ‘Aadhaar’ (biometric identity card) validity, as law had many safeguards. Earlier in the day, the court unanimously ruled that individual privacy is a fundamental right – a verdict that could impact everything from the way companies handle personal data to the roll-out of the world’s largest biometric ID card programme. Jaitley said ‘Aadhaar’ legislation specified its use and violation was liable for punishment.
- SC verdict on privacy wouldn’t impact ‘Aadhar’: Arun Jaitley
- Southgate pays tribute to Rooney’s England career
- Akshay Kumar Promotes Sidharth Malhotra’s A Gentleman
- Chip business offer for troubled Toshiba
- ‘Baahubali’ actor Rana Daggubati all set to debut in India’s first bilingual fiction series ‘Social’