Vadodara (Gujarat), July 09 (ANI): On the occasion of ‘Guru Purnima,’ where the people across India thank their ‘gurus’ or teachers, students of Prince Ashokraje Gaekwad School celebrated the occasion by worshiping their mothers and teachers. Apart from Hindus, ‘Guru Purnima,’ is also celebrated among the Buddhists to express their gratitude towards their teacher in life. In the ancient Indian culture, the occasion was celebrated with the people touching their gurus’ feet and did fasting to show their gratitude.
- Next story Sridevi’s ‘MOM’ opens to lukewarm response at the Box-Office
- Previous story Darjeeling unrest: Army patrols streets as shutdown continues
- Mother of Nirbhaya spoke on ordinance approved by govt on death penalty in rape with minor
- Renuka Chaudhary spoke on ordinance approved by govt on death penalty in rape with minor
- Sukma encounter: Mortal remains of CRPF ASI brought to his native place
- What about those above 12 years old?: Nirbhaya victim’s mother questions POCSO act
- Terrorist organizations are moving freely in Pakistan: Kashmiri leader