Baltal (Jammu and Kashmir), Jun 23 (ANI): Governor of Jammu and Kashmir, Narinder Nath Vohra reviewed the security and other arrangements for the upcoming Amarnath Yatra. The cave of Amarnath houses the shrine of Hindu god of destruction, Shiva. It is located at a snow-capped mountainous peak of the Himalayas. The security of the pilgrims and other such arrangements hold key importance due to deteriorating situation of militancy in the trouble torn valley. Over a hundred thousand devotees visit the shrine every year as a part of the pilgrimage which commences in the last week of June every year and concludes in early August. Governor Vohra took charge of the Jammu and Kashmir administration on Wednesday, a day after the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) walked out from its alliance with the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) forced chief minister Mehbooba Mufti to resign.
- Security beefed up in Jammu and Kashmir ahead of Amarnath Yatra
- 2 held for cheating people in Hyderabad
- ‘The American people need to hear this’: Lieu
- President Kovind and his Cuban counterpart witness exchange of agreements between two nations
- Watch: EAM Swaraj meets Deputy PM of Belgium Didier Reynders