Srinagar (J&K), Aug 13 (ANI): Ahead of India’s 70th Independence Day, the security in Jammu and Kashmir’s Srinagar was tightened to avoid any untoward incident. Perturbed due to the constant stone pelting and militant activities the security forces are on high alert to tackle anything which tries to disrupt the law and order in the region. While talking to ANI, Director General of Police SP Vaid stated that all the precautions and sufficient deployment has been made. Yesterday, two Indian Army soldiers lost their lives after terrorists initiated unprovoked and indiscriminate firing of small arms, automatics and mortars at the security personnel in Shopian.
- Security forces on toes ahead of 70th Independence Day
- India vs Sri Lanka: ‘Today, it was ideal opportunity for me ’, says Hardik Pandya
- Death toll rises to 17 as massive landslide sweeps away buses in Mandi
- Urged HM Rajnath to initiate the process for creation of separate state: GJM leader Thapa
- Guam residents pray for peace as North Korea deadline looms