Katra (J&K), Aug 14 (ANI): Ahead of the 70th Independence Day, special security arrangements have been made at the Vaishno Devi shrine in Reasi district, to avoid any untoward incident. The police are constantly checking cars, buses, hotels and other public places and reportedly long-route patrolling is being conducted jointly with the Indian Army. Dog squads and quick reaction teams have also been stationed to ensure that the ‘yatra’ goes on safely. The region is on high alert due to the terror attacks and recently, two jawans lost their lives after militants initiated indiscriminate firing at the Shopian district.
- Security forces on toes at Vaishno Devi shrine ahead of 70th I-Day
- Nepal PM Deuba expresses condolences to flood victims
- Spirit of independence missing as Indian policies are guided by West: Bhagat Singh’s Nephew
- Bihar floods: 6 more NDRF teams leave for flood-hit areas to help stranded people
- After ‘Game of Thrones,’ hacker leaks fresh episodes of comedy series ‘Curb Your Enthusiasm’