Katra (J&K), Aug 14 (ANI): Ahead of the 70th Independence Day, special security arrangements have been made at the Vaishno Devi shrine in Reasi district, to avoid any untoward incident. The police are constantly checking cars, buses, hotels and other public places and reportedly long-route patrolling is being conducted jointly with the Indian Army. Dog squads and quick reaction teams have also been stationed to ensure that the ‘yatra’ goes on safely. The region is on high alert due to the terror attacks and recently, two jawans lost their lives after militants initiated indiscriminate firing at the Shopian district.
- Next story No Mourning Over Gorakhpur. Yogi Orders ‘Grand’ Janamashtami In UP
- Previous story Nepal PM Deuba expresses condolences to flood victims
- Automobile enthusiasts flock to vintage car rally in Delhi
- Olympics fire festival entertains visitors
- Thousands of demonstrators protest around Munich Security Conference venue, against ‘weapons deals’
- Winter festival to boost tourism begins in Pahalgam
- Watch: BSF soldiers assist in shifting woman post delivery