New Delhi, Nov 01 (ANI): Billboard has chosen their ‘Woman of the Year’ and it is none other than pop sensation Selena Gomez. As per People Magazine report, the 25-year-old singer will be presented with the prestigious award on November 30 at the annual Women in Music dinner and awards gala, to be held at the Ray Dolby Ballroom in Los Angeles. In a statement, issued by the President of The Hollywood Reporter-Billboard Media Group, John Amato, said, “Not only is Selena soaring on the charts, but she continuously inspires young women everywhere to be authentic, give back and to not be afraid to use their voice. She is never afraid to speak her mind and has used her platform to advocate for the needs of others. We are thrilled to be able to honour her as our Woman of the Year.” In response to the exciting news, Gomez expressed her gratitude by tweeting, “Thank you @billboard!” The two-time Billboard 200 chart-leader has been nominated for four Billboard Music Awards. Selena Gomez joins an all-star cast of the previous ‘Woman of the Year’ honorees, including Lady Gaga, Taylor Swift, Katy Perry, Fergie, Beyonce and last year’s winner, Madonna.
- Selena Gomez honoured as Billboard’s 2017 ‘Woman of the Year
- Schumer to Trump: “Where is your leadership?”
- Hardship, devastation, thousands stranded after floods hit Chennai
- Telangana to have new policy on sale of agriculture land: CM KCR
- KTR wants cotton farmers to get optimum price for their produce