Ghaziabad (Uttar Pradesh), Oct 27 (ANI): Senior journalist Vinod Verma was arrested by the Chhattisgarh Police from his Ghaziabad residence in Uttar Pradesh over extortion charges. Following the arrest, Verma was taken to the Indirapuram Police Station and later was taken to Ghaziabad District court. He has been alleged of making extortion calls to a Chhattisgarh Minister after storing sensitive material of his personal life. Meanwhile an investigation is underway, and according to Raipur Police, contents of the CD which was obtained from Verma, violate Section 67 of IT Act.
- Next story Telangana CM KCR participates in Business Advisory Committee for forthcoming session of State Legislature
- Previous story Man dies after his scooty falls into pothole
- Ford tries to improve China ties
- Picturesque opening to the Cape Epic mountain bike race
- Layer Niki Anand spoke on Kejriwal apologized to Gadkari in writing
- UP minister OP Rajbhar accuses BJP of not following coalition dharma
- Naidu attacks BJP in TDP minority wing meet, says he opposed criminalisation of triple talaq