Ghaziabad (Uttar Pradesh), Oct 27 (ANI): Senior journalist Vinod Verma was arrested by the Chhattisgarh Police from his Ghaziabad residence in Uttar Pradesh over extortion charges. Following the arrest, Verma was taken to the Indirapuram Police Station and later was taken to Ghaziabad District court. He has been alleged of making extortion calls to a Chhattisgarh Minister after storing sensitive material of his personal life. Meanwhile an investigation is underway, and according to Raipur Police, contents of the CD which was obtained from Verma, violate Section 67 of IT Act.
- Senior journalist Vinod Verma arrested for allegedly blackmailing Chhattisgarh Minister
- Man dies after his scooty falls into pothole
- Confirmed! ‘Housefull 4’ to hit theatres on Diwali 2019
- Female empowerment strong theme for Halloween: Costume company
- One killed in police firing during clash in Dahod