Ghaziabad (Uttar Pradesh), Oct 27 (ANI): Senior journalist Vinod Verma was arrested by the Chhattisgarh Police from his Ghaziabad residence in Uttar Pradesh over extortion charges. Following the arrest, Verma was taken to the Indirapuram Police Station and later was taken to Ghaziabad District court. He has been alleged of making extortion calls to a Chhattisgarh Minister after storing sensitive material of his personal life. Meanwhile an investigation is underway, and according to Raipur Police, contents of the CD which was obtained from Verma, violate Section 67 of IT Act.
- Next story Telangana CM KCR participates in Business Advisory Committee for forthcoming session of State Legislature
- Previous story Man dies after his scooty falls into pothole
- Ghaziabad building collapse: Strict action will be taken against those responsible, says VK Singh
- Ghaziabad building collapse: 1 dead, 7 rescued, informs IG Meerut (Range)
- Watch: Women protest by sitting on JCB machine during an anti-encroachment drive
- Nicole Maines to be television’s first transgender superhero
- CM Raman Singh announces Mukhyamantri Kanyadan Yojana