Gilgit, July 02 (ANI): Several members of the Shia Muslim community on Friday, gathered on the streets of Gilgit to protest against the recent twin blasts that took place in Parachinar.The livid protestors stated that members of their community are being targeted upon in the region which has a Shia majority. Over 70 people lost their lives when two blasts wrecked havoc in Parachinar area of Kurram Agency on June 23. The first blast took place at Turi Market while the second explosion occurred when rescuers and bystanders rushed to help the survivors of the first blast. Kurram is the only Shia Muslim region in a predominantly Sunni country. Earlier, a blast outside an imambargah located in a busy Parachinar market claimed lives of 24 people and left 90 others injured in March this year. In yet similar incident, four civilians were killed by Frontier Corps personnel in Parachinar itself. Later, Pakistan’s Chief of Army Staff (COAS) Chief General Qamar Javed Bajwa assured that an inquiry has been initiated in connection to the same.
- Next story A three-storey building collapsed in Lakshminagar of Delhi, 2 injured
- Previous story Lions surround ambulance as woman inside delivers baby
- Malala makes emotional return to old home in Pakistan
- Baton Rouge officer threatens to shoot Sterling in the head: video
- Truckload of cookers with Congress leader’s photos allegedly meant for voter appeasement seized
- CM N Chandrababu Naidu lays foundation for new bus plant of Ashok Leyland
- All the schools of Bhubaneswar & Cuttack will be digitally equipped: Dharmendra Pradhan