Uttar Pradesh, July 27 (ANI): Agitated over the Supreme Court’s ruling cancelling the appointment of 1.69 lakh contractual teachers, the ‘shiksha mitras’on Thursday staged a statewide protest against the verdict. The protestors held banners, raised slogans and blocked several highways, seeking quashing of the apex court’s orders. A scuffle broke out between the protestors and police personnel, leaving them with no way than to use water cannons to disperse the crowd. Similar protests were observed in other cities including Agra, Gorakhpur and Moradabad where ‘shiksha mitras’raised slogans and sat on indefinite strike.
- Next story RJD MLA holds Lalu’s ‘love for son’ Tejashwi responsible for split in grand alliance
- Previous story 38,000 litres of liquor worth over Rs. 60 Lakh destroyed
- Oscars 2018: After all black at Golden Globes, colour is back on the red carpet
- Week long Yoga programme concludes in District Jail
- PM Modi will deliver his last speech as PM from Red Fort this year, says Derek O’Brien
- Guatemala to move embassy in Israel to Jerusalem in May
- Watch: Uttarandhra Charcha Vedika holds candle protest rally demanding special status for Andhra Pradesh