Bhopal (Madhya Pradesh), Aug 28 (ANI): Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan awarded Rs. 50,000 to a constable who saved around 400 children by carrying an explosive away from a school’s vicinity. The constable, Abhishek Patel, received information that an explosive was lying near a School in Sagar District’s Chitora village. Patel immediately got the school vacated and dropped the explosive at a safe spot by sprinting for around 800 meters. The information about the explosive was passed on to a fast response vehicle (FRV) of Surkhi police station but at the time it was around 5 km away from the school. Patel decided not to take wait for the vehicle and took the matter in his hands. Thus, his alacrity and courageousness saved hundreds of lives.
- Next story CM Chandrababu Naidu compares Jagan Mohan Reddy with Dera Chief, says he is threatening the system
- Previous story Dallas prepares ‘mega shelter’ for Harvey evacuees
- Yogi turban, Modi masks in high demand ahead of Holi celebrations
- Gandhinagar railway station emerges as Gujarat’s first all-women operated station
- Watch: Arjun Kapoor arrives at Anil Kapoor’s residence, pays condolences on his stepmother Sridevi’s demise
- Minister Piyush Goyal lauds Railway Women’s Organisation for initiating biodegradable sanitary pads
- Black Panther stands proud at box office