New Delhi, Aug 06 (ANI): A protest was staged outside the United Arab Emirates (UAE) embassy on Sunday, to highlight the anger and frustration that still exists among Indians over incidents of terror outfits, including well known ones like the Lashkar-e-Toiba (LeT) being bankrolled by financial institutions that operate out of countries such as the United Arab Emirates. Giving details, President and Project Development Officer of the NGO ‘Serve for Human’, Harish Malkoti said they are conducting a peaceful protest against the UAE, as several media reports showed that Dubai funded Pakistani banks for the 26/11 Mumbai terror attack in India. Malkoti said they want India to take immediate and stringent action against the UAE, as terrorism and friendship can’t go hand in hand. To curb terror funding activities in county, the National Investigation Agency (NIA) conducted raids at multiple locations in Jammu and Kashmir, Delhi and Haryana.
- Next story India vs Sri Lanka: Ravindra Jadeja suspended for Pallekele Test
- Previous story Aamir Khan contracts swine flu, skips events for a week
- Week long Yoga programme concludes in District Jail
- PM Modi will deliver his last speech as PM from Red Fort this year, says Derek O’Brien
- Guatemala to move embassy in Israel to Jerusalem in May
- Watch: Uttarandhra Charcha Vedika holds candle protest rally demanding special status for Andhra Pradesh
- Man allegedly stabbed to death by unidentified assailants